Inspiring creativity, building social cohesion and empowering young people
In summer 2017 we commissioned Kantar TNS to conduct a research study into the impact of Drum Works. The conclusion of this research was that Drum Works is effective at inspiring creativity, building social cohesion and empowering young people in the following ways:
- The participatory and inclusive environment fosters a sense of belonging and builds confidence in individuals.
- Individuals can experience personal achievement and excellence through performances, which can motivate them to strive for achievement in their academic studies.
- Through mixing students of different groups during sessions, students will form friendships across year groups, backgrounds and schools, expanding their social circle beyond their immediate environment.
- Participatory creative processes encourage students to share their own ideas and give them a sense of ownership, originality and pride.
- Individuals can develop their creativity and make music with Drum Works regardless of their previous experience and background.
You can read the impact report summary here:Download report summary
Guildhall School Music Therapy report on Drum Works at The Garden school
In spring 2019 the Guildhall School of Music & Drama’s Music Therapy department carried out a short research study into our work at The Garden, an autism-specialist school in Hackney.
Read the report here:Download report